So yesterday I was in the mood to eat something sweet yet healthy and I decided to try making poached pears. I had seen them make poached pears in Master chef Australia juniors but since I didn’t have verjuice, I decided to look up online for other variations and I came upon this one which turned out to be really good. I got it from this website:
I think they turned out pretty good, since I suck at cooking 😛
Here is the picture:
I didn’t have any vanilla ice cream either, so I served it with slices of marble cake 🙂 The syrup was delicious! I can use it in some other things too!
Songs that inspire me
I was supposed to write about 1 song that inspired me, but since I have so many of them, I decided to write about my top 5:
1. The climb by Miley Cyrus- this is my most motivational song till date. The lyrics are amazing and I feel like everybody goes through the ‘uphill battle’ at one time in your life and this song is a perfect motivation at that time.
2. Promise by Vanessa Hudgens- this song taught me to be free. It taught me that you have to trust yourself first before anyone else and that when you make a decision it’s purely your decision not anybody else’s. It taught me that we have to keep trying no matter how hard it may seem or no matter how many ever times we fall coz, ‘What doesn’t kill you can, make you strong’.
3. Who Says by Selena Gomez- this is such a cute song and it has taught me that people may never think that I’m perfect but I have to believe that I am perfect and that it doesn’t matter what other people think.
4. Fly by Nicki Minaj- I love Nicki. I love all of her songs and I think she may be a really good person too. This song was another one of Nicki’s amazing songs from Pink Friday and it has inspired me to learn that we all were born with a purpose to win, but it’s we who decide whether we are okay with losing or whether we want to ‘Win’.
5. Pursuit of happiness by KiD CuDi- this song is amazing in all ways possible. It has amazing lyrics, an amazing flow and really good background music. This song taught me that the definition of happiness may not be the same for everyone, but you have to go and find that thing that makes you happy even if people may think it isn’t right because at the end of the day, it’s your life and you are going to be living it not someone else.
You know the song ‘Best Day’ by Taylor Swift? It’s perfect for my dad…infact I sang it to him on his last birthday too because he is the most awesomest dad anybody could ever have! I mean I have more of a friend relationship with my dad…we’ll always argue on issues and I sometimes irritate the shit out of him and sometimes my irritating nature lands me a couple of smacks on the head but they are worth it :p my dad says maybe he dropped me from the balcony when I was young or maybe I take classes to learn how to irritate :p I mean I can tell my dad almost anything I want and he might get upset at times but he’ll always talk it over with me before jumping to conclusions. He’s always been there for me whenever I needed him, through good times and really bad ones as well, and I know that I’ve hurt him a lot of times too, but I hope he knows I never intended to and that as a teen I was bound to make silly choices.
As for my mother, she is by far the Strongest woman I know! She went through hell and came out unscathed. She’s always stuck up for herself and her family and she’s the Kbps of woman who if there isn’t enough of something for everyone, she’ll give up her share of it just so everybody else can have it. She is the most selfless and humble woman I know and I hope I grow up to be like her someday. I wasn’t very claw to her before but that was maybe because I never took the time to understand her, but now I think we’re getting closer by the day and we have a feet relationship!
My parents have always been and always will be my inspiration, motivation and my best friends.
I know I haven’t posted a lot in the past few days, but there has been quite a lot going on and I just didn’t have enough time….-.- However, now that everything is going steady, I shall be posting more often,, so keep reading! 🙂