Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is more people who have come alive – Howard Thurman.
Life goes through changes so fast, you think your life is great, than one of your best friends dies. Then you think you found someone you truly love, only to figure out, she doesn’t love you back. You cry and cry and cry, but nothing changes. You realize, that you must accept things for what they are, and what they have made you become.Everything in life changes you in some way. Even the smallest things. If you do not accept these changes, you do not accept yourself. For through these changes brings new and greater things to you, making you wiser, as time progresses. To avoid these changes is a loss. You only live your life once. Do not waste a minute of it avoiding things. Let them come to you, and learn from them. There’s always tomorrow.
-Adam R. Gwizdala.
Live without pretending
Love without depending
Listen without defending
Speak without offending
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
You know the song ‘Best Day’ by Taylor Swift? It’s perfect for my dad…infact I sang it to him on his last birthday too because he is the most awesomest dad anybody could ever have! I mean I have more of a friend relationship with my dad…we’ll always argue on issues and I sometimes irritate the shit out of him and sometimes my irritating nature lands me a couple of smacks on the head but they are worth it :p my dad says maybe he dropped me from the balcony when I was young or maybe I take classes to learn how to irritate :p I mean I can tell my dad almost anything I want and he might get upset at times but he’ll always talk it over with me before jumping to conclusions. He’s always been there for me whenever I needed him, through good times and really bad ones as well, and I know that I’ve hurt him a lot of times too, but I hope he knows I never intended to and that as a teen I was bound to make silly choices.
As for my mother, she is by far the Strongest woman I know! She went through hell and came out unscathed. She’s always stuck up for herself and her family and she’s the Kbps of woman who if there isn’t enough of something for everyone, she’ll give up her share of it just so everybody else can have it. She is the most selfless and humble woman I know and I hope I grow up to be like her someday. I wasn’t very claw to her before but that was maybe because I never took the time to understand her, but now I think we’re getting closer by the day and we have a feet relationship!
My parents have always been and always will be my inspiration, motivation and my best friends.
When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.
I’m finally commencing my challenge and here is the topics for the first day!
‘Introduce, recent picture of yourself and 15 interesting facts’
So here goes,
I’m a 17 year old girl living in Kuwait, trynna make sense of my life while enjoying the roller coaster ride. 🙂
15 interesting facts
1. I am from India but most people say I don’t look Indian :$
2. I love the smell of books, petrol and the soil after the rain.
3. I love perfumes and nail polish
4. I hate winter or cold weather but I’d love to go to Iceland to see the northern lights
5. I love potatoes! I can eat them at anytime and with anything. They’re awesome!
6. I am a Harry potter fan therefor I hate twilight :p
7. I’m 17 and I still haven’t watched titanic
8. My role models apart from my mom and dad are Steve jobs and Mark Zuckerberg
9. I have an obsession with collecting pebbles and stones
10. I am very impulsive and I take split second decisions
11. I want either a monkey or an iguana as a pet
12. I can’t eat food that isn’t spicy! I love Indian spices!
13. I love heights! I wanna go skydiving in Spain and bungee jumping from the Eiffel tower!
14. I wanna backpack across Europe.
15. I’m scared of the ocean because it’s so vast and deep and filled with weird creatures :p
I see knowledge increasing and human power increasing. I see ever-increasing possibilities before life, And I see no limits set to it at all, Existence impresses me as a perpetual dawn. Our lives, as I apprehend, are great in expectations.
-H. G. Wells
No one can persuade another to change. Each of us guards a gate of change that can only be opened from the inside. We cannot open the gate of another, either by argument or emotional appeal.